Buying or selling a property can sometimes be stressful.
It can even cause you sleepless nights.
At The Property Shop Swindon we do all we can to insulate our clients from any unnecessary stress.
Our 60 years of experience in helping people to move homes means there’s hardly anything we’ve not come across and dealt with successfully.
We know that living somewhere you love is a massive factor in enjoying a great quality of life. And so is getting regular good quality sleep.
So, with that in mind here’s nine night time tips from the SleepCouncil.org.uk website:
- When it’s time for bed, make your room completely dark. This can be achieved with a blackout blind or curtains, an additional window dressing, or even an eye mask.
- Maintain an ambient temperature in your room. If you’re too hot or too cold, you won’t sleep soundly. It’s recommended that a cool temperature of around 16-18° C (60-65° F) will help you drift off easily.
- A tidy room makes for a tidy mind and a refreshing night’s sleep! De-clutter your bedroom and create a clean space that’s neat and simple. Even just moving the laundry basket, stacking up some books or clearing your bedside table can make a real, relaxing difference.
- Say no to technology in the bedroom! That means avoiding televisions and computers. Having access to these will urge you to switch on when you can’t drift off, which in turn can lead to even more disturbed sleep.
- LED displays are particularly troublesome when it comes to getting a good night’s sleep. When it’s time to snooze, switch off your mobile phone, tablet, and any alarm clocks with a digital display should be turned away from you.
- Avoid treating your bedroom like an extension of the rest of your house. That means you shouldn’t use it for work, watching TV, eating, and even talking on the phone. Save the bedroom for sleep.
- Add special touches to the space, which will help you feel more connected and peaceful. Family photographs, plants, flowers and ornaments (but not too many) will help to create a room that’s pleasant and relaxing.
- Avoid using certain colours when decorating. Remember that bright reds, yellows and oranges are jarring, while browns and whites are boring and drab. Instead, choose soft, muted tones that will make you feel calm.
- Certain smells can affect your mood, helping you to feel more calm and relaxed. Lavender and germanium are naturally calming, so invest in some essential oils to help you drift off. Remember, these should not be used during pregnancy or children’s rooms.
With the above tips under your pillow we hope that slipping off peacefully into the land of nod is a doddle for you.
And when it comes to selling your home you can rest assured you won’t be having sleepless nights if you choose The Property Shop Swindon to get you the best price.
Thanks for reading and happy snoozing.