Here’s a question for you.
What happens when you have a national lockdown in winter?
Well, there a few things but one that’s guaranteed to happen is heating bills rocket.
More people are at home whether to work, learn or stay safe, which means the thermostat gets turned up to keep everyone warm for longer than usual.
The good news is the National Energy Foundation charity has shared eight tips to keep the costs down and cut the amount of energy we use. Here they are.
- Understand how your heating systems and its controls work
- Turning your thermostat down by just 1 degree can save you money, and you won’t even notice the difference.
- Move furniture away from radiators – they block heat getting further into a room.
- Don’t dry clothes on your radiators – they limit the effectiveness of the heat the rads produce.
- Think small to save big – letterboxes can let a lot of heat escape, so think about insulating them.
- Ditch the electric blanket – a hot water bottle is cheaper.
- Draw the curtains at night and let the sun flood in during the day.
- Take the advice handed down from Dads over the decades and put a warm jumper on when you get cold at home instead of instantly reaching for the thermostat.
At The Property Shop Swindon we’re proud to serve the community in Swindon. That’s why we’ll be sharing regular articles throughout the latest lockdown to help you keep entertained, informed and safe.
Now, where did we put that woolly pullover?
Thanks for reading.