Well it’s fair to say that none of us have ever lived through such uncertain times.
The Coronavirus outbreak has caused global uncertainty, panic and anxiety.
It would be disingenuous of us if we said that as a local business impacted by this, we weren’t worried. We all are. It’s a natural response to extraordinary events.
But there are positives. For every panic buying report, there are plenty more incidents of kindness, generosity and community spirit.
And heroes are coming to the fore.
The outstanding work of the NHS staff, retail workers and our emergency services across Swindon is something we all respect and appreciate at The Property Shop Swindon.
Their selfless actions help bring some reassurance to our current lives and below are five ways, recommended by the NHS on how we can all reduce our anxiety levels.
- Keep a diary of your thoughts and what is making you feel anxious.
- To avoid feelings of being overwhelmed, set specific ‘worry time’ in the day to go over what’s on your mind.
- Shift your focus. The outbreak has seen a significant rise in meditation apps. There are also plenty of free resources on the internet to help learn more about mindfulness and useful breathing techniques.
- Challenge your thoughts. By asking ourselves ‘is what I’m thinking helpful?’ you can start challenging your ideas and coming up with new solutions.
- Talking helps. We’re all in this together so reach out to a friend or loved one and have a chat with them about what’s on your mind. Chances are they have the same concerns.
To find out more about what the NHS has to say on this subject, please visit:
As an independent local business, we’re doing all we can to help people in Swindon get through these challenging times, and we will get through this together.
Stay safe, stay healthy and stay positive, and if you know someone who might benefit from the information in this article, please share it with them.